Thursday, June 21, 2007

Paper, Paper Everywhere

I'll just say it: I hate filing bills. Hate it. Maybe because I do administrative work all day, when I get home the last thing I want to do is look at more paper. So that would probably explain the pile of statements, receipts, old bills, etc., that was in my bedroom closet. I couldn't tell you the last time I actually filed something except to put it on the "to be filed" stack.

Last night I pulled out the stack, my manilla folders and my file box and got to work. To make the task less painfully, I put on my Sarah McLachlan concert dvd to provide some background music. An hour and a half later, everything that needed to be filed was filed and everything that needed to be shredded was in a "To be shredded" bag. Now I just need to find an industrial-style shredded. I promise, I'll do better about this going forward.

Now for fun stuff. Happy First Day of Summer! Living in the South, I swear that Spring was in March and Summer began in April. Anyway, I think I'll take Brady to the park tonight and get some ice cream to celebrate the offical start of the season. Hopefully he'll go to bed easily even if the sun is still shining at 9pm.

This morning he woke up smiling, as usual. He trotted into the living room to watch Little Einstein's (Thank God for Tivo, otherwise we wouldn't have 32 episodes of LE on stand-by) and drink his milk. Then he wanted a Poptart, RIGHT NOW! I was getting everything together and bringing it into the living room when I heard "Where's my Poptart!??" Geez, some people are impatient when they get up! :-)

Happy Summer!

1 comment:

Edward Ott said...

I hate paying bills myself.