Friday, June 22, 2007

John Deere Green

Remember this song by Joe Diffie?

“In John Deere green
On a hot summer night
He wrote Billy Bob loves Charlene
In letters 3 foot high
And the whole town said the boy should have used red
But it looked good to Charlene
In John Deere green”

I don’t know if we’ll be painting letters on a water tower this weekend, but we will be using John Deere green to celebrate Brady’s 2nd birthday. The big day was actually on the 9th, but we had to postpone the party due to some scheduling conflicts. So the family is coming up and we’ll be partying hard, at least until 5pm or 6pm. J

We’ve got a great cake ordered from Gretchen ABS Cakes in Mauldin. They did Brady’s first birthday cake last year and it was fabulous, so I have high expectations for the tractor cake tomorrow. I know, given my fondness for baking, I really should have done it myself. But I want it to be picture perfect for him. We’re picking that up at 10am and then off to Party City to pick up the 21 John Deere balloons. You can never have too many balloons.

I wanted to be easy on myself this year, so we’re having the food catered by Sticky Fingers. I would have preferred to use a local bbq place, as I’m all about supporting your small businesses, but SF has great Memphis-style bbq and a better package deal for a small group. We’re having pulled pork bbq, all the sauces, beans, coleslaw, chips, sweet tea, lemonade, ice cream and cake.

Our fabulous party décor came from greenfunshop.com.

So it should be a really nice afternoon to celebrate another exciting year in Brady’s life. Stay tuned for pictures and a review!Have a great weekend!

No comments: